Apply for Funding
Polo for Philanthropy is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising funds and awareness for other charities. We do this by producing and promoting spectacular lifestyle events that attract noteworthy sponsors that want to be associated with our brand. The Polo Classic has been in existence for 28 years as the preeminent polo event in the Twin Cities. With a rich history of exciting competition and unique events, Polo for Philanthropy has raised over $2 million for Minnesota charities.
We have found that the most successful charitable campaigns occur when the beneficiary is fully committed to the process and rewarded based upon performance. As a result, in 2017 we will fund several different charities using a revenue sharing formula. Our events in 2017 include:
- Derby Day Affair | May 6 | Nicollet Island Pavilion
- Polo en Blanc | August 4 | Twin City Polo Club
- Polo Classic XXVIII | August 7 | Twin City Polo Club
Chosen Beneficiaries enjoy the following revenue opportunities:
- A pre-determined amount from every ticket the beneficiary is responsible for selling from their own website, emails, etc
- A pre-determined amount from every ticket for which the beneficiary is chosen by the purchaser
- One hundred percent of revenues from auction items the beneficiary procures for sale in our auctions
- A $100 fee payable for every “key” event-day volunteer/committee member supplied
We look to the following in choosing beneficiaries:
- Must be a 501(c)
- Must market to and invite all their patrons, board and other supporters to the event that benefits them.
- Should have sponsors and see the benefit in adding one of our events to their marketing mix
- Should have have volunteers to work in event setup, management and teardown.
- Ideally commit to committee member to take a lead role in each of: sponsor acquisition, auction item acquisition, social networking & ticket sales and volunteer recruitment.
- Generally fall into the categories of: health/wellness/fitness/medical, children/youth, arts/theatre or social services
- Cannot be political, religious or in opposition to any human rights
This document is an outline for discussion. Chosen beneficiaries are given a contract detailing joint responsibilities and revenue opportunities. Contact us with additional questions or to to apply.